These days hair fall has become a global threat and it is a nightmare to most teenagers. Hair fall if not treated at the time will eventually lead to baldness. Unfortunately, men suffer more of baldness than women.
Hair loss can be caused due to several factors such as hormonal imbalance, oily scalp, hereditary, irregular diet, change in water and much of stress. Hair loss in men can develop into bald patches more than it does in women. You should always ask a doctor online for any querry related to hair. Clinicspots is a premier online medical facilitator that provides high quality service and helps you find the right treatment for your problem. It also provides hair transplant in Mumbai and their respective doctors and clinicswithin your surrounding.
If there is any disorder in our body, it shows on the hair immediately. Hair begins to fall which eventually develops into alopecia or baldness. Baldness is a referred to as a condition which is a result of excessive hair loss from the scalp. It is mostly seen in older people but now-a-days many young boys just in their teens suffer from baldness. A stressful life, sedentary lifestyle and poor nutrition, all aggravate hair fall problem.
Among teen girls hair fall is the major complain. They are petrified too see excessive hair on their pillows while sleeping, in the shower or sometimes on their comb or even lying all over the floor. They are never too happy about losing their hair. Well , nobody is. So what can be done? First of all, one needs to understand the root cause of hair fall and then get it treated immediately.
Understanding Hair loss:-
There can be many reasons for the sudden hair loss in teenagers. Some of the main reasons include:
- Hormonal changes: – This is the common cause of hair loss in teen agers. Throughout the teen life girls keep on experiencing hormonal fluctuations. Good health care, good nutrition, adequate vitamin supplements, exercise and adequate sleep are needed during this transgression period. Now- a- days teens have no time to eat healthy or exercise and take in fresh air. A lot of time is spent indoors chatting and socializing on internet , eating unhealthy food , sleeping at erratic hours and leading a sedentary lifestyle. All this wreaks havoc in the body and causes hormonal fluctuations, eventually leading to hair loss and other health problems.
- Extreme dieting:- All most all the teens are conscious about their body image and go to extreme condition to keep themselves in shape so as to fit into their favourite pair of jeans. But sometimes, extreme dieting can lead to anorexia and bulimia. This again contributes to hair loss.
Medical Causes of Hair Loss
Children of 26 months or older may suffer from hair loss. A child specialist or a paediatric dermatologist should examine and be able to diagnose the conditions leading to hair fall. Some causes have been listed below.
- Alopecia aerate:-. It is a non contagious condition leading to hair loss, which is mainly caused by attacking the hair follicles by the body’s own immune system. In this condition the patient may suffer from appearance of round or oval patches of hair loss. The patches are smooth without broken hairs. There is no cure for this treatment. However, in some cases it can be controlled . Many of them are lucky enough to get back their hair within a year.
- Nutritional deficiency:– Hair loss can be caused due to deficiency of certain nutrients such as;
- Vitamin B and H-These vitamins are considered to be the fuel of the body. They help convert carbohydrates into glucose.
- Cellular metabolism is the aspect in which zinc is the essential mineral involved. It helps in the development during pregnancy and also supports normal growth. Whereas, extreme amount of vitamin A can lead to hair loss.
Nonmedical causes of Hair Loss
Many of the hair related problems can resolve on its own with time but many of them need a doctor’s attention. Some such cases have been listed below.
- Hair loss in toddlers – In the early stages of their childhood many children lose their baby hair which gets replaced by permanent hair.
- Abusing the hair: – Pulling the hair drastically and brushing it vigorously into a tight pony tail can cause falling out of hair. Being gentler towards hair will always allow growing back of the fallen hairs.
Taking care of hair
- One must ensure to follow a healthy diet as it can be highly beneficial to the overall health and hair health as well.
- Mild shampoos or shampoos meant for babies must be used in case you are facing excessive hair loss.Also in such cases hair may be washed twice a week.
- Care must be taken to gently pat the hair dry after a wash instead of rubbing it vigorously. Rubbing can cause breakage.
- Allow the hair to air dry. Limit the use of hair dryers and if you have to use it then set it at a low heat temperature before using on the hair.
For best results, hair should be treated with home remedies. In case you still face hair loss then seek professional help and get it treated.